Terms and Conditions for use of Lake Nona Services
This Web site and LakeNonaServices services are offered to you, conditioned on your acceptance without modification, of the following terms, conditions, and notices contained in this agreement (the "Terms and Conditions"). Your use of this Web site or constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices in effect at such time. If you have any questions regarding these Terms & Conditions, you may contact us at www.LakeNonaServices.com. We may amend these Terms & Conditions at any time by posting a revised version of these Terms and Conditions on the LakeNonaServices Website. These Terms & Conditions were last updated on 06/24/2013.
1. LakeNonaServices SERVICES.At LakeNonaServices we are committed to providing you with a listing of service providers that have demonstrated they are capable of providing quality, professional services. However, we do not guarantee the services provided by any service provider listed on our website or that there are service professionals in your area that are either capable or willing to complete your service needs. Although we take certain steps to examine the credentials of our listed service professionals, we make no guarantees or representations regarding the skills or representations of such service professional or the quality of the job that he or she may perform for you if you elect to retain their services. LakeNonaServices may inform you of certain offers or discounts provided by a service professional. Such offers or discounts are made solely by the service professional, and LakeNonaServices does not guarantee or warrant the pricing or discounts that a service professional may offer you. LakeNonaServices has no association with quotes provided by Service Professionals. To contract with a Service Professional, you must work directly with the Service Professional. LakeNonaServices does not endorse or recommend the services of any particular service professional. It is entirely up to you to enter into a direct contract or otherwise reach agreement with a service professional, and we do not guarantee or warrant their performance on the job or the outcome or quality of the services performed. Your rights under contracts you enter into with service professionals are governed by the terms of such contracts and by applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws. Should you have a dispute with any service professional, you must address such dispute with the service professional directly, and you hereby agree to release LakeNonaServices (and our staff, affiliates, employees and agents) and any other person, firm, or entity from any damages or claims (including consequential and incidental damages) of every kind or nature, suspected and unsuspected, known and unknown, and disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes and your dealings with service professionals.
2. YOUR USE OF THE LakeNonaServices.You acknowledge and agree that your use of the LakeNonaServices is for your personal use and not for advertising purposes. You may not use the LakeNonaServices website to solicit or harass LakeNonaService professionals, or for any other purpose not contemplated herein. If it is determined or suspected by LakeNonaServices in its sole discretion that you are misusing or attempting to misuse the LakeNonaServices website, LakeNonaServices reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to initiate without notice appropriate legal actions or proceedings to seek appropriate remedies and/or damages, including but not limited to lost revenue, repairs, legal fees, costs and expenses, and to seek injunctions or other equitable remedies.
3. NOTICE SPECIFIC TO CONTENT AND INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THIS WEB SITE.YOU AGREE THAT LakeNonaServices DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANY OF THE INFORMATION LISTED ABOUT A SERVICE PROVIDER. This includes, but is not limited to: State Licensing information, Insurance information, contact information. Permission to use documents (such as content, informational items and FAQs) from the LakeNonaServices server ("Server") is granted, provided that (1) the below copyright notice appears in all copies and that both the copyright notice and this permission notice appear, (2) use of such documents from the Web site is for your informational and non-commercial or personal use only and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media, and (3) no modifications of any Documents are made. Educational institutions (specifically K-12, universities and state community colleges) may download and reproduce the Documents for distribution in the classroom. Distribution outside the classroom requires express written permission of LakeNonaServices. Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible. Documents specified above do not include the design or layout of the LakeNonaServices Web site. Elements of LakeNonaServices web sites are protected by laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No graphic, sound or image from any LakeNonaServices web site may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by LakeNonaServices. LakeNonaServices makes no representations or warranties about the content of LakeNonaServices. The LakeNonaServices web site could include errors. We update the LakeNonaServices website periodically.
4. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES.The links in the LakeNonaServices web site will let you leave our web site. The linked sites are not under the control of LakeNonaServices and LakeNonaServices is not responsible for the contents of any linked site. Your use of such third party linked sites is governed by the terms and conditions, and privacy policies, of such linked sites.
5. RESOLUTION PROCESS.While we cannot guarantee the work performed by a listed service professional, and while we have no obligation to you with regard to your relationship with a service professional, the LakeNonaServices team will try to assist you in resolving any workmanship problems that may arise in interactions with the service professional who you learned about through the LakeNonaServices. Such limited assistance in no way nullifies the release and indemnification described in these Terms & Conditions. The service professionals listed on LakeNonaServices have all agreed to the terms listed in a service provider agreement that requests their participation to collaborate with you if you feel there was an issue with the service provided. Repeated reports of unsatisfactory services for a service provider could result in the service provider being removed from LakeNonaServices.
6. SERVICE PROFESSIONAL PRESCREENING PROCEDURES AND DISCLAIMERS.LakeNonaServices uses some or all of the following criteria as part of its registration enrollment process ("registration") for new service professionals:
NOTE: LakeNonaServices performs screening solely at the time the service professional applies to be listed on LakeNonaServices. A service professional's information may change or expire over time. LakeNonaServices does not warrant or represent that profile and screening information is up to date. LakeNonaServices is under no obligation to update a service professional's screening information. We recommend that before working with a service professional you verify that information presented about the service professional is acceptable.
Licensing Verification - LakeNonaServices does not check trade licensing for all service categories. For the applicable categories as deemed necessary by LakeNonaServices, LakeNonaServices confirms at the time of a service professionals registration, that a prospective new service professional has all applicable Florida state trade licensing. We recommend you validate the licensing with the service professional prior to starting a project. We recommend you verify that all the sub-contractors doing work on your project carry the appropriate licensing. We always recommend that you ask the business to provide you with a copy of their license.
Insurance Verification - LakeNonaServices does not check insurance information for all service categories. For the applicable categories as deemed necessary by LakeNonaServices, LakeNonaServices confirms at the time of a service professionals registration, that a prospective new service professional has insurance. We recommend you validate the insurance with the service professional prior to starting a project. We recommend you verify that all the sub-contractors doing work on your project carry the insurance. We always recommend that you ask the business to provide you with a copy of their insurance information.
Sex Offender Search - We recommend that you check the applicable state sex offender website for any individual that will be performing work in your home. As part of our screening process, we will check the Florida sex offender web site for the owner/principal of the service provider.
Florida Business Filings - For service professionals that are corporations or limited liability companies, we confirm that the service professional is in good standing in the state in which it is located.
Criminal Records Search - LakeNonaServices uses external party data sources to search for any relevant criminal activity associated with the owner/principal of the business, within the three years prior to such service professional's registration with LakeNonaServices.
Legal Search for Civil Judgments - We use external data sources that record legal information to check the principal / owner of the business for significant Florida civil legal judgments entered against the principal / owner by business customers. We use external data sources to check for bankruptcy filings by or against the principal / owner, both within the three years prior to such service professional's registration with LakeNonaServices.
The above procedures may change from time to time at the sole discretion of LakeNonaServices. LakeNonaServices does not make any representations or warranties that information listed about a service professional is accurate or current.